RE: [alfa] Re: installing roll bar on Spider

> I was expecting to hear from you...

Ha!  You should have expected to hear from Neely first!

> > I don't see where the stiffness is added with a roll bar of any
> > height.
>
> I feel more stiffness. Maybe it's psychological, but if I'm more
> comfortable and the car seems to creak less to me then I'm fine with
> that.

As Bill Bain says, there is probably some stiffness across the rear of the
car.  But the real flex problems in a Spider are still for and aft across
the doors.

<snip>
> I was told by a couple of people that the best way was to actually weld
> in a harness mount that crosses at around the right level and bolt them
> in there. Because I couldn't do this, I did what I felt was the next
> best thing.

I'd disagree.  I don't believe you want the harnesses bolted to the roll bar
at all.  Are you sure they weren't talking about welding in harness *guides*
to the roll bar, and securing the actual harnesses somewhere else?

bs