RE: [alfa] Alfa iPod / iTrip

I have agree with TJ regarding the lack of
effectiveness of iTrip in metropolitan areas.  Mine
barely works with my pretty decent FM receiver at home
and things are even worse inside my gtv.  Even the
faintest radio station will generate enough noise to
make the iTrip gizmo useless.   In any case, I have
two at home (one in an unopened box), if anybody is
interested in trying it out.

My gtv has an amplifier installed in the trunk, and I
just bought a regular Y-splitter cable that has RCA
jacks on one end and a stereo mini jack on the other.
I used a piggyback connector to plug in the RCA jacks
to the rear of my stereo receiver, without
disconnecting the speaker outputs.  Whenever I want to
listen to my iPod, I plug into it the stereo mini
jack, turn the car receiver on (that turns the
amplifier on) and set its volume to zero and I'm good
to go.  I control the volume directly from the iPod.
Works like a charm.

Cheers,
Vangelis
Mountain View, CA