[alfa] Alfa iPod / iTrip

Once again thanks all. It does sound as if the iTrip does have its limitations. The owner lives about 45 miles west of Cleveland, OH. I'm guessing there might be a few radio waves in the area. I have no idea if the car would ever be taken through parts of the US where there are virtually no radio stations (except country of course) and the iTrip should not only work perfectly but be a blessing.

I gather one can't "power" the iPod with a simple cord / connection to the cigarette lighter, but it simply charges the batteries as you drive. I'm guessing a bit of bulkiness which I'm trying to pare down to a minimum. Since I'm going to replace the push-and-hold lighter unit in the '69 Spider with a "normal" one, I'm guessing the charger will then fit / work okay?

Unless the owner wants to do all this himself, I'd like to get a short black or gray (the latter to match the center tunnel carpeting) cord for the input from the iPod to the hot-rodded Blaupunkt and try to find a way to keep it out of the way until / if it is needed.

Damian Magista: Finally found your Plexi holder / iPod / iTrip installation in your Berlina. Looks neat and clean.

I appreciate Benjamin Kaupp for including the "new" site for the Plexi iPod holder.

Ever onward...

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA