Re: [alfa] Some minor, nagging Spider questions

Bill Bain asked--
"When did Alfa add the intermittent
wipers, and can they be retrofitted?  Wipers have always been somewhat
of a mystery -- how does the autopark work ?"

Bill, from the NA Spiders I've seen, I believe the intermittent control was
added about '88-'89 or thereabouts.  The wipers park when a small limit switch
is tripped inside the motor/transmission unit.  I only know that because I had
to R&R our ex-164 wipers once, not because I'm any sort of wiper motor
expert!

Maybe, just maybe, a judicious dose of contact cleaner might get your wipers
parking correctly again.

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA