Re:[alfa] Spider power steering

"I have seen two different model years listed as to when power steering was
first offered in the Spider, 1989, and 1991. Can anyone tell me what the
details are about power steering in he Spider - such as:

  first year offered ?

In what models ?

As an option, or standard equipment ?

what were the tire sizes included on the power steering equipped cars?

Gwynne Spencer"

I seem to recall from road tests that 1990 was the first year for power
steering on the NA Spiders, but that's subject to correction (as is most
everything on the AD!).  Since I purchased my 1991 Spider new, I do know that
both the Veloce and standard Spider were equipped with PS as standard
equipment.

Tire size for the standard series 4 Spider was 185/70R14 (steel wheels/plastic
hubcaps), and for the Spider Veloce it was 195/60R15, using the familiar
phone-dial aluminum wheels.

Dave Jarman
Lexington, KY
USA