From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
james a
Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 1:48 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] 164 fault codes

Hi,
    I have just bought a 10v V6 which i am very happy with.So far have had
no problems with it.What i would like to know is whether there is a way of
tapping into the ECU to find the fault codes.I believe it is a motronic unit
similar to ones used in audis.The codes can be pulled using a LED or by
using  a computer program called 'vag com' that works with all audis and
vw's from 1989 onwards.Is there anything similar available for my car?