[alfa] 164 fault codes

Hi,
    I have just bought a 10v V6 which i am very happy with.So far have had no problems with it.What i would like to know is whether there is a way of tapping into the ECU to find the fault codes.I believe it is a motronic unit similar to ones used in audis.The codes can be pulled using a LED or by using  a computer program called 'vag com' that works with all audis and vw's from 1989 onwards.Is there anything similar available for my car?