[alfa] 164S with new plugs is now stalling

Thank you for the spirited discussion of spark plugs these past weeks; you
exceeded my technical grasp but my questions were well answered.

So now, having had new plugs put in several weeks ago, for the past week
or so my 164S has been increasingly threatening to kill as the revs
decended when I came to a light or to a stop somewhere. Sometimes the oil
pressure light will come on before the revs are fully down to idle, rarely
the check engine light, but increasingly if I take my foot off the gas the
engine will sink to idle and falter, sometimes reviving, sometimes not.
Other facts: we have had warm weather and I used a lower cost gas station
(Arco) this past week.  I can't seem to blow past this problem by periods
of highway driving or higher revs.  Battery strength seems ok, per the
dashboard at least, and it starts strong.  Do I buy new spark plug wires
on the (amateur) theory that my new plugs are taxing my older wires?  When
I go back to the repair place, what should I be asking for?

I know my car deserves a smarter owner, but I'm the one it's got ...

Thanks,
Joan

Joan Golston
Seattle