[alfa] RE: alfa] spider: Oil filter exploding...an update

>Looking at the lower pan, I found that the synthetic oil was black (30
>km on it) and that >lot of aluminum particles were accumulated on the pan
close to the pump entry. I realized >that.following my intense head porting
and smoothing this winter, I wasn't able to clean
>successfully all the oil pathway in the head before reassembling the engine

>Now, I hope for the best.

I was wrong the first time around, and I hope I'm wrong here, but..

If the problem was caused by head shavings getting into the bottom of the
motor, via oil pathways, then I think you might be sitting on a time bomb.
You're looking at potential clogged passages and/or trashed bearings,
depending on where stuff ends up.

Good luck with it.

bs