Re: [alfa] Child safety seat (in Alfas)

On Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:11:20 -0700 Stefano.Iachella@domain.elided wrote:
> I'm not looking to start controversy about safety. I know there
> are varied opinions with that. I'm just looking to know if I would
> be violating any law. I know you can't with passenger airbags and
> I read somewhere that if the rear is not equipped, it's OK. Also
> that it is preferred to be in the back, but not mandated.

from a legal point of view, your 74 GTV (like mine) is certified
in the US market as a 2 seat car; the back seat didn't come with
belts from the factory at all, even though the hard points for
mounting lap belts are buried down there.

so you're fine from a purely legalistic point of view. good luck,
though, if you find you need to explain yourself to one of
California's finest.

richard