[alfa] Child safety seat (in Alfas)

Cats,

Those versed in child safety regulations - is it OK to put in the
rear facing seat for a child under 1 in the front seat of my 74 GTV?

No air bag, of course. Rear seat belts removed years ago, can't
find the bolt holes as they have been covered with Dynamat.

I'm not looking to start controversy about safety. I know there
are varied opinions with that. I'm just looking to know if I would
be violating any law. I know you can't with passenger airbags and
I read somewhere that if the rear is not equipped, it's OK. Also
that it is preferred to be in the back, but not mandated.

Thanks,
Stefano
Walnut Creek, CA