[alfa] RE: V6 3.0 Engine Rebuild

I have observed Alfa pistons beyond the 4.0 gram minimum tolerance.
Volume manufacturing dictates not agonizing over precisely balancing
each component. As an alternative, clever automated matching of
components in conjunction with flywheel and crankshaft drilling achieves
a balanced unit.

When rebuilding an engine, we don't have access to the clever short-cuts
that are used in manufacturing. So, it is best to take the extra effort
by having a machinist balance the unit. The machinist will need the rods
and pistons, crankshaft, flywheel and front pulley. In addition, not all
machine shops will have weights for a six cylinder.

Regards,
Ken Stevenson
Dallas, Texas