Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 22:44:38 -0700
From: "David Bokaie \(bokaie\)" <bokaie@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Spica Fuel Pump

My 69 spider has been mostly sitting in a garage for the last year or so.
Yesterday I finally started the car and noticed almost suffocating fuel
small from the exhaust pipe.  I am told that this is a sign of a worn spica
fuel pump.  The car always smelled and before it went into partial
retirement but the smell was gradually worsening albeit not to this extend.

Anyways I was wondering if you agree with my assessment and if so, are there
placed that will rebuild the pump once I take it out.  I am located in the
San Francisco Bay Area.

Thanks,

David