RE: [alfa] clutch job in 91 Spider

Hello Andrew,
 You don't have to remove the whole console.
 1. Remove the power window/hand brake console.
 2. Remove the bolts holding the knee guards (yellow), by the door hinge each side.
 3. Remove the 2 bolts holding the main console.
 4. Remove the stereo, the face plate, the shift booth cover, make sure remove the shift knob.
 In order to remove the console face plate, you need to expand the side of the console (that's why you need to remove these bolts to losen the console) and slide it out.
 5. After you remove the console face plate, everything is there. Make sure you use magnetic philip screw driver to remove the little screws holding the shift booth cover.

Good luck,
PS: I've done it twice this is why? Make sure the transmission shaft is not loose due to bad bearing. The bearing cause the disc to separate in 3k miles.

 http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ltooz_alfa/album?.dir=/e7a7

http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ltooz_alfa/my_photos

"Watry, Andrew (LNG-SFR)" <Andrew.Watry@domain.elided> wrote:

>I may be doing a clutch job on a friend's 91 Spider.  Is getting the console
>out of the way on this car to get at the shifter tougher than on earlier
>Spiders?  I figure it's going to need shift boots, etc., and I prefer to do
>it the right way, coming in through the top, than getting at the shifter
>pinch nut from the bottom and cutting and modifying the boot.   But is it a
>total bear?
>
>I've done plenty of clutches on Giulia sedans, Giuliettas, Berlinas, 70s
>Spiders, but never a late Spider.  Thanks for any tips on particular things
>to look out for.
>
>Andrew Watry
>--

Switch to the New Netscape Internet Service.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.