[alfa] Spica Fuel Pump

Other than the smell, how does the car run? Did the smell go away after it warmed up? How old is the fuel in the lines? There are several things that could cause a constant rich mixture, such as a stuck cold start solenoid piston or a leaky thermostatic actuator. If the car sat unused for a year, I wouldn't be surprised to see some varnish forming in the fuel system. Letting a car sit unused and undriven is about the best way to ruin it that I know of.