[alfa] RE: Life of Bosch fuel pumps

Both fuel pumps on my '89 gave out at the same time, about 104,000 miles. At
least this is what I was told by the folks who replaced them. I am not a
mechanic and I was far from home, so I pretty much had to accept their word
when they said one pump failed and put too much strain on the other one,
thereby causing it to cash its checks. I have no idea if this is correct, or
even plausible. The place wasn't an Alfa shop, but the friends with whom I
was staying said it had a good rep for honesty and competence with dohc
engines and Bosch fuel injection.

Mike Trimble
Denton, Tx.
'89 Spider Veloce