Re: [alfa] Is this transmission toast?

Yep, burned to a crisp.

No offense intended but it reminds me of one of my old friends car (with a slant six). My friend
called me and told me that his car had stalled on the freeway and could I come and take a look at
it? Trying to get an idea of what I needed to bring I asked him if there was any lights or noices
before the engine stopped. He told me that it had felt like his brakes were dragging as he was
driving and he needed to push on the gas pedal more and more to maintain speed and then the engine
just stopped...

I got into my car and drove over to him and when I open the hood to take a look, I see the engine
and it looks like an engine with all familiar components but something is destinctly out of place
and just doesn't look right. After a looking at it for a few seconds more I realized that not only
was there a pretty large piece of the camshaft laying on top of the starter but I could also see
pavement straight through a big hole in the engine block above the starter and the oil pan...

I know you probably don't find the situation amusing right now and maybe I'm being a bit of an
a__hole but hey that's life sometimes ; )

Thomas Moll
Seattle, WA