RE: [alfa] Is this transmission toast?

Kevin - If that transmission was screaming in pain and smokin', I say it's a safe bet that it's a goner.
I suppose you could try to send it out for rebuild, but if the gears or shafts themselves are damaged, it probably will be VERY expensive to overhaul. You won't know until you open it up. I sure wouldn't drive it anymore. BTW, oil capacity is 3.8 pints. Good luck.