[alfa] Bridgestones and grooved pavement

I recently replaced my worn-out Dunlops with new Bridgestone Potenza RE950 on my stock 1995 164LS.

I have the strangest experience while on grooved concrete pavement. Grooves are quite common here in Silicon Valley. Having grown-up in the snow belt, I suppose it is to help the locals who don't know how to handle less than ideal traction conditions. (e.g. I-280 in the Cupertino area)

The feeling is almost like hydroplaning and not tracking straight. A very nerve-wracking feeling on an otherwise solid car. It did not happen with the Dunlops. Alignment was thoroughly checked at www.customalignment.com in Mtn View CA. Alfa-friendly Tirerack.com installer.

Does anybody else experience this with a particular set of tires and/or groove spacing?

Mille grazie

Karl
Sunnyvale, CA
1995 168LS (85K miles, original owner, always dealer serviced until now when they laid off the 2 Alfa guys at the ex-dealer. <sigh>)