Re: [alfa] Bridgestones and grooved pavement

Sounds kinda like you're tramlining. (that the right word people?) That's where your nice wide soft rubber catches the imperfections on the roads (all of 280 counts as an imperfection, in this case) and follow them. It's just one downside of good tires.

Oh, and to the person who suggested the S-03 over the 950, if you can afford to pay twice as much then it's a very good tire, but the 950 has never given me problems in my spider, and they don't seem to make a high profile s-03 yet.

HTH
Ben Kaupp, Santa Cruz
'78 Spider (why was the brake light relay on the same fuse as the coil?)
'80 Raleigh Sport (if I win the auction, that is)