Re: [alfa] Speedometer Saga Continues-89 Spider

I am not familiar with the innards of the Spider speedo, but in a 1981 BMW
528i the problem was a plastic gear that was press fit onto a metal shaft.
The gear would crack, thus relieving it's grip on the shaft. The solution
was mounting a small snap ring on the hub part of the gear to cause it to
squeeze down on the shaft again, preceeded by application of adhesive in
the shaft to gear surface - I believe the adhesive was some form of "crazy
glue".

Gwynne Spencer