Re: [alfa] 164 Motronic Cam Timing Mystery

On the 24 valves, the mark does not point up at TDC, but rather to the side (I.E. parallel to the ground).  Also, the mark is at the end of the cam (opposite end from the timing pulleys).  This is probably the same on the 12 valves.

The "direction" of the mark may be causing some of the confusion.

--
Jason Hagen
Chicago, IL