Re: [alfa] re rear limit strap removal

I haven't tackled these screws specifically, but my favorite screw/bolt removal technique (when a wrench impact or otherwise fails) is to:

Place nut on screw, bolt, or what is left of them.
MIG (GMAW) weld nut to said item.
Use wrench to remove.

The heat from MIG welding is generally enough to break any corrosion. It is also very focused, and can be employed with care even when dealing with bolts stuck in aluminum castings. What was previously a bolt stuck so hard the head sheared off, now comes out with no fuss at all.

But you say "I don't have a MIG welder..."

and I say "Why not?" The $200 jobs with flux core are pretty handy... another $80 for a gas bottle and they are really handy.

(TIG (GTAW) is also acceptable.)

--Mark
The Alfa Wiki: http://alfa.denovich.org