[alfa] Sears Point (Infineon Raceway) Alfas

Hi All

Recently my son raced at Sears Point as part of the scholarship award
from Motorsport NZ and Jeremy Shaw. (Also tested in the proFormula Mazda
that's featured on tv). One of the places that he was really taken with
was a garage that had 3 GTAs and a GT40 - all genuine as far as we can
make out from the photos he took. One of the GTAs was immaculate; the
other 2 were being fixed, one of them being involved in an accident in a
race at the track. Anyone have more information about these cars, their
owners, and who is fixing them?

By the way, this was his first visit to the Sates and the raceway. He
qualified on pole but finished 2nd when a backmarker got in his way.
Nice 2nd place championship trophy though... :-) He is disappointed at
finishing 2nd after leading 95% of the race, but I'm happy because I was
expecting something like a high end top 10 finish against all the
regular championship racers. There's nothing like cutting your teeth in
an Alfa...

Regards all

Les in Wellington, NZ