Re: [alfa] Vintage radios...reprise + tweeter location

Hey Biba-

As far as the tweeters and all go, you've had a number of good
speaker boxes. In my spider I pressure mounted some pods from a VW
eurovan ($20 from a VW breaker) between the roll bar and the side. You
could also mount these on the rear parcel shelf and the wires are even
quick release. The eurovan examples are a bit of a bitch to get open
(it involved a hacksaw in my case) but once cleaned up they hold any
standard 3.5" speaker.

On to the iPod. I have made several iPod mounts for friends, and it is
very easy to make them completely invisible and removable. The one in
my Spider actually installs in the cigarette lighter and holds it
perfectly out of the way for the shifting and the e brake. I'm not sure
about inputs on the radio you're having built, but if it has standard
RCAs or 1/8" then you can just get the parts at radio shack. I spent a
grand total of about $10 on that portion of my install.

There are a couple of small pictures at
http://spider.noshirtnoshoes.net/4kq/install
Feel free to email me off list and I would be glad to help with any of
the technical stuff or send more pictures.

-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (yes, I mention my radio a lot. My girlfriend says the same
thing)

On Tue, 25 May 2004 11:44:34 -0700, alfacybersite mentioned the
following: