[alfa] Vintage radios...reprise + tweeter location

Apparently Eric Storhok doesn't want to be the fall guy if the Vintage
radio with new innards doesn't turn out so well: "LOL!! I guess my
standard "don't know how good" statement didn't' work...  Darnit.  Where
is the CD changer going? Hey- this company was featured on "Modern
Marvels" on the History Channel!!  It's got to be better than a poke in
they eye..."

Gotta blame someone. (Believe that falls under a sub category of
shooting the messenger).

Originally the plan was to install a CD player on the jack / shock
absorber shelf in the trunk. I knew client was into MAC's and told him I
knew nothing about them, but wondered if he'd be interested in an iPod
instead. He loved the idea. Turns out his 15 year old son has one, so
apparently client will be listening to his son's choice of music.

This is getting a little out there, but if at all possible would like to
do a similar thing with a Blaupunkt when I complete my '69 Spider. My
hearing isn't too great, especially the highs. I suggested to an
upholsterer once about putting tweeters on each side of the headrests.
He pooh poohed the idea. Can't remember exactly why but suspect he
didn't want to have to deal with the wiring which I would want to be
hidden in the seat back. Anyone done it? I'm not too up on speaker
technology but aren't there surface mounted tweeters - meaning they
don't require being in a "box" so the sound can bounce around a bit.
Sorry if I'm being too technical (happy face).

Comments?

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA