Re: [alfa] Biodiesel, you're kidding right? - actual alfa content!

I thought being a raving lunatic was a prerequisite for Yahoo list
moderation.

But seriously, folks... I have several-a-time (it's like many a time,
but not) considered importing an Alfetta diesel specifically for this
purpose. I think it would be a very interesting daily driver, and (as
Richard was kind to point out) I can wash it afterwards with the
byproducts of my fuel! So, to add some Alfa content to this wonderfully
festering flame war, a question for the membrocity -

What sort of experiences have people had with the *early* alfa diesels,
and what sort of difficulty (other than paying more for shipping than
for the car) might I have with los federales upon importation?

-Ben Kaupp
'78 Spider (feeling kinda neglected, driving the Benz today, talking
about alfettas, i even took a ride in a miata. she's jealous!)
'82 Mercedes 240d (I once hit 85mph. Then the hill ended)
'87 Ford F250SD 4x4 diesel (lumber rack, transfer tank, tool box... and
we wear khakis and loafers driving it... such wannabe rednecks)

On Tue, 25 May 2004 22:57:08 -0600, Greg Hermann mentioned the
following: