[alfa] Speaker placement in a Spider

Friends:
I'm putting a roll bar into my 1987 Spider.  It goes thru the corners of the
"package shelf" right where the rear speakers were, so I must relocate the
speakers.  I never really liked their old location - on a horizontal surface
open to the sky and anything that might fall from it - but I'm not sure
where to move them.  I've considered 2 places: the rear "wall" (they'd back
into the jack storage space in the trunk); and the lower door panels.  Which
would you recommend?  Or have you another suggestion?
Thanxinadvance,
Dave Martin