Re: [alfa] Speaker placement in a Spider

On May 26, 2004, at 12:13 AM, Dave Martin wrote:

Friends:
I'm putting a roll bar into my 1987 Spider. It goes thru the corners of the
"package shelf" right where the rear speakers were, so I must relocate the
speakers. I never really liked their old location - on a horizontal surface
open to the sky and anything that might fall from it - but I'm not sure
where to move them. I've considered 2 places: the rear "wall" (they'd back
into the jack storage space in the trunk); and the lower door panels. Which
would you recommend? Or have you another suggestion?
I'd be interested in the answer to this as well. I just had a new stereo put in my '86 Spider. Usually they put 6x9's in the back deck to replace the 5" speakers already there. However, on my car there is a big honkin' box o' electronics right there (I haven't had the time to look up what it is - I'm in Saltillo Mexico at the moment, and I did pass an Alfa dealership on the way from the airport). So we went with the 5" speaker and they don't move enough air to really hear the stereo at speed with the top down.

-T