Re: [alfa] Biodiesel, you're kidding right?

Actually, here in sunny Santa Cruz, there's a co-op ramping up that's
hoping to be around $2/gallon for relatively small batches. We're
hoping to be competitive with regular evilDiesel once we can get enough
of a user base. And that's with taxes. Other people have already
mentioned the "driving a diesel" part, and there really is something
fun about towing the Spider with the 240. And it may not be the
cure-all for oil dependency, but not exploring it simply because of
that is kinda like not voting simply because you alone can't change
anything (ooh... bad analogy... lemme try again). Not using biodiesel
because it's not perfect would be like not talking to canadians because
they outlawed radar detectors. No, that's not it either. Not using
biodiesel because it's not perfect would be like not putting a sound
system in your spider simply because you're not going to get perfect
imaging. Crap. Someone else have one that works here?

-Ben Kaupp
Pacific Alternative Energy
'78 Spider (this one ain't biodiesel)

On Tue, 25 May 2004 18:59:35 -0600, C M Smith mentioned the following: