Re: [alfa] Vintage radios...reprise

On Mon, 24 May 2004 19:36:17 -0700 alfacybersite <acs@domain.elided> wrote:
> Client was originally given the assignment of finding a "proper" radio
> for his '69 Spider, sent me photos of his finds, I turned them down
> (what, me a dictator? Perhaps) and apparently his vintage radio supplier
> turned out to be a flake anyway.

> Ummm, Richard, they (new wine guys) refer to their innards as "digital".

> Yes, you have my permission to blame Eric if that is not the case.

why would i do that? it's much more fun to blame you.

i am away behind on my digest reading right now, i've been busy with
the java/database programming project from hell for a little bit (if anyone
has any java/database programming projects that aren't from hell, let
me know, i'm looking for work.) so there may be some intermediate postings
that i should have read before following up.

anyway, the state of the art in radio tuners has been digitally based for
some 20 years, it's a different part of the system and one that lends itself
well to that sort of solution.

richard