[alfa] Vintage radios...reprise

Along with the recent post of new stuff into old wine, alternator wise,
borrowed Eric Storhok's URL of a company (in Florida) who does just that
with vintage radios.

Told the company what I wanted, they came back with they could do that
And provide the "donor" radio; client has given his okay to go ahead,
and I will be very curious as to how this all works out.

Fortunately I have Eric Storhok to blame if it doesn't.

Client was originally given the assignment of finding a "proper" radio
for his '69 Spider, sent me photos of his finds, I turned them down
(what, me a dictator? Perhaps) and apparently his vintage radio supplier
turned out to be a flake anyway.

Ummm, Richard, they (new wine guys) refer to their innards as "digital".

Yes, you have my permission to blame Eric if that is not the case.

Speakers: This comes up from time to time. I Won't do sub woofers in a
'69 Spider. The following is what I sent the client. Would apreciate any
comments:

"For now, my plan is to get two 5" high quality speakers and install in
the front kick panels as before. If you want two more speakers, it gets
somewhat complicated. While not impossible installing speakers in the
lower front of the doors, there are issues with the wind wing
assemblies. There are holes near the window winder where one can fit 4"
x 6"  coaxial speakers, but then you have the option of having speaker
grills there or going to the expensive of having special door panels
made (as was done on the '73 Spider on my site) and using perforated
leather or vinyl so no grills are required.

"The other spot might be to install on the two access plates in the rear

of the interior. Possibly 4" x 6" speakers could be mounted to them, but

not sure if the tops of the shock absorbers would interfere. The apron
would then need to be perforated "to let the sound out"."

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA