Re: [alfa] Diesels and dollars

Turbo diesels make the engine even more efficient as the EFFECTIVE
compression ratio is higher. This does not translate directly to throttled
gasoline engines as they commonly operate at high intake vacuum levels
resulting in an effective compression ratio way lower than the full
throttle theoretical.  The performance numbers for the E class gasoline and
diesel powered cars comes from  road tests - also
see:  http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4863112/

Gwynne Spencer