[alfa] Rebuilding Spider Door panels... board material suggestions?

Hi,
	I have a 88 spider veloce, with the door panels getting pretty
much shot.  I believe that they have gotten wet in the past, and the
particle board material doesn't do too wel once its wet.  I plan on
rebuilding them (since they don't appear to be for sale, at least at a
reasonable price), but I definitely don't want to use any material that
isn't water resistant.  I'm looking for suggestions.
	I'd really like to find a piece of plastic that is flexible enough
to mold to the slight curvature of the door and allow staples to be used
to affix the vinyl cover, but that is rigid enough to hold the vinyl firm,
and hold the fasteners properly too.  Perhaps some kind of closed-cell
hard plastic foam in 1/4" thickness?  I hunted around for such a material,
but couldn't find it.  What do you all suggest?

	Plus, once I find the suitable material to rebuild the panel, does
anyone have a cool suggestion for how to precisely locate the plastic
fasteners on the panel so that they'll line up well with the holes in the
door when I go to attach the whole assembly?

thanks a bunch...

-db

Don Banfield					Senior Research Associate
banfield@domain.elided                   Cornell University Astronomy