[alfa] Re: Spider pops out of reverse

Andrew,
    If it is not the transmission mount, check the shifter lever and make sure
it is not hitting the body.

Date: Fri, 21 May 2004 22:11:41 -0700
From: "Andrew McDonald" <nonuniform@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Spider pops out of reverse

I just replaced the flex disc on my 74 Spider. I had no problems with
reverse before this, but now, when I reverse up the hill out of my driveway
(I live in San Francisco), the gearbox pops out of reverse. This only
happens when I have my foot completely off the clutch. I have to slip the
clutch a little and it stays in gear.

Weird. Related to the flex disc change, or is that just unmasking some other
problem that was there all along.

The last time I took apart the 5-speed on my GTV I worked in a shop with a
nice big press. How do I get my hands on a press to rebuild the trans? Heh.