RE: [alfa] On other brands and car reliability

>Perhaps the 4.7L and later the 4.9L engine size had a little to do with the
HP difference
>with the 3.0 Ferrari?

>For those concerned with belts, as opposed to chains (I prefer chains in
any
>car, including Alfa), you might look at the Maserati GT cars.  The Bora has
>a chain driven v8, and delivers around 100 hp more than a GT4.  I'm
guessing
>the GT4 might be more nimble, but the Bora is a hoot to drive.

No question.  It also probably contributes to what might be slightly less
nimble handling.

My objective was to point out that there are alternatives out there, and for
similar money to a 308 a Bora is one of them.  I think what's under the
hood, er, rear deck lid will look slightly more familiar to Alfa owners,
looks like two I4's in a V back there (chain driven and all!).

bs