[alfa] 105 Benditalia Brake Boosters - bad news

I've just been informed that production for these brake boosters has
ceased. I have no idea if that means every so often they'll make another
batch, or this is it. I gather it is the former. While not trying to
cause a run on Benditalia Street, I'd get one or two Now if you've been
considering replacing your old one / ones. For heavens sake don't throw
away the old ones though. Rebuilders will of course need cores to work
with.

******

Jon Pike apparently has more experience than I do with brake boosters
Really going bad.

However, while many of the principals are similar this is a bit like
mixing up red and green apples. The Benditalia boosters / servos have no
brake MC attached to them. However, the rear seal going out on the brake
MC has the same effect as the rear seal going out on the Benditalia
booster. That said, while I almost always find brake fluid in the large
diaphragm housing of the Benditalia boosters, I've never found brake
fluid in the vacuum line - though not saying fluid couldn't get there.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA