[alfa] Duetto drains

The Beatle comments: "I hear a lot of warnings about keeping the rear
'cowl' drains clear and serviceable on Spiders.  Did Duettos have these
items ?  I have the trim removed off both sides of my '67 and can't see
anything which suggests a drain pipe ????"

******

Nor will you ever find drains back there since there is no 'cowl' like
there is on Series 2 forward - which have four drains.

Must admit I find it a bit amusing that the Series 1 Spiders made do
with zip drains and then went to an elaborate drainage system with the
2's, etc. Actually I don't find that much rust in the same general
vicinity on the 1's as the 2's. True, there is a lot of fabric wrapped
around the rear mounting edge on the 1's which perhaps helps, but there
are only six bolts and two small phillips head screws holding it down as
opposed to the 28 (or is it 32?) on the 2's, etc.

If Alfa / Pinninfarina was so concerned with water in the cockpit, why
didn't they design one-way valves on all of the large floors rubber
plugs? Meaning they could drain from the inside out, but not the other
way around.

Biba
Irwindale, CA USA