[alfa] Re: Reinz gaskets

May be the Orings at the bottom of the liners?
Dean
  -----Original Message-----
  From: Joe Cantrell <agiyo@domain.elided>
  To: tessiedog@domain.elided <tessiedog@domain.elided>
  Date: Monday, 10 May 2004 3:02
  Subject: Reinz gaskets

  Subject: Re: [alfa] How (not) to install a Reinz head gasket

  If you use a genuine head gasket you do not need any selant. If you require
  selant for a head gasket something is wrong. Genuine gaskets dont fail for
  long time and I have never ever used a sealing compound.

  Dean,
  FWIW, I too, have used Reinz gaskets w/o sealant for years, never had a
problem.  But my "new" 2 liter with Reinz gasket promptly dumped coolant into
the sump.  I don't know what's happening, but there must be a reason for this
epidemic of coolant in the oil.

  I'll be putting in a new head gasket with sealant next week.

  Cheers,
  Joe Cantrell
  Portland, Oregon