re: RE: [alfa] spider two-piece exhaust manifold...

Hi,
Thanks for all the replies on this subject. My mechanic mentioned that the series 4 manifolds are just as good as the 72-74. Maybe I'm being optimistic here but is there any chance that the series 4 manifold/frontpipe/converter is interchangable with the series 3 exhaust? In other words, with a series 4 manifold and complete frontpipe/converter assembly, would everything be in the right place to bolt to the middle muffler? BTW, has anyone passed California smog with an early or late model manifold (obviously I would have a catalytic converter)? If installed properly, it could look stock to anyone but a spider expert (at least my mechanic thinks so). Thanks,
B.D.
87 Spider