[alfa] Re: Spica vs. Carbs

Stevan - With a ported head and hot cams, the stock SPICA pump isn't going to cut it. You'd have to get a HP SPICA pump from Wes Ingram. He can make a high performance street pump to the engine's specification and it will perform beautifully throughout the RPM range. However, that's another expense for you. Even if you're against spending money for a new HP pump, I'd strongly encourage you to call Wes and tell him what you have and ask his advice. He has a lot of experience with exactly what you're doing.

If you have the Webers already, I'd say install and tune them to the engine's need and see if you're satisfied with the performance.

Good luck. Sounds like a great engine.