[alfa] Re: Spica vs. Carbs

I've heard varying opinions as to what's better. I'd like to hear from people
who have had  experience driving both, what do you prefer and more
importantly, why?
My car has 10:1 Motronic pistons, Euro cams, big intake valves and mild
porting. I'm a pedal to the metal type of driver, but this IS a street car and is
going to be my daily driver for the next 20 or so years. I MAY switch up to
Pittatore cams. Also planned is lightening the tranny gears and a taller rear
end.
I'm familiar with the fact that the mixture adjustment on the Spica has just
the one setting that is for the entire range, vs. the ability of the carbs to
be adjusted so they are a little leaner down low and richer up top for high
RPM driving. I also have a friend who used to work for a racing team and his job
was setting up the carburation. The 40 DCOE Webers I have came on a 69 (or
so) Spider and I'm confident he can set them up correctly. If I make the switch,
I will likely use a modified Spica intake manifold, Shankle air cleaners with
a cold air box to cut down noise and...make sure the air is cold.
Any opinions on Webers vs. Dell Ortos?
Stevan Thomas
73 Belina