Re: [alfa] Removing Side Window Rails

--- George Graves <gmgraves@domain.elided> wrote:
> My GTV-6 is almost totally rust-free. The exceptions
> are the vertical
> separators between the roll-down and fixed portions
> of the rear seat
> side windows. These metal vertical pieces are about
> an inch wide,
> painted 'trim-black' and allow the front portion of
> the rear side
> windows to be cranked down on their front edge, and
> hold the fixed rear
> side window on their back edge. I cannot figure out
> how to get these
> pieces out of the car so that they might be
> media-blasted, filled with
> body putty, and repainted. Anybody ever done this?
> Thanks for any help
> you can give.
>
> George Graves
> '86 GTV-6
> --
Hello there,

  I am actually planning to do the same job this
Saturday.  IIRC from my last parts car, they way to
get those out is to roll the quarterglass down all the
way, then gently pull the weatherstrip down from the
top of the aperture.  This will reveal two rivets.
 I can't remember if you have to disconnect the window
from the regulator or not but I think at this point
you are close to getting the separator out at a
diagonal.  I will let you know this weekend, if you
haven't already done it.

    HTH,

    Mark Mucciacciaro