Re: [alfa] GTV6 side window molding removal

--- Obie Fayth <bibendum59@domain.elided> wrote:
>      I've started stripping all the trim off my gtv6
> in preparation for body
> work and paint and I can't figure out how the trim
> that runs along the
> bottom of the side windows is attached. Can anyone
> tell me how to remove
> this?
>      Also, has anyone found a source for replacement
> weatherstripping for
> this trim? All my weatherstripping has shrunk
> considerably and I have two
> cars to do so a bulk source is preferred.
>
> thanks,
> -Obie
> Tacoma, Wa.
> assorted alfas

  Hello there,

   The trim along the side windows is attached by
rivets from the inside of the door.  Removing the door
panel is neccessary and then they are easy to see.  I
believe there are three per side.  Drill them out and
they slide up quite easily.

   As for the weatherstripping, Re originals in
Houston, or a guy here in DFW named Greg is making
some. He is a nice guy. Try Oldebottles.com

     HTH,

     Mark Mucciacciaro