[alfa] RE: Milano Verde Brake problem

BEWARE of this seller!

I saw this ad below on Craigslist, and emailed the seller, asking where I
could see and buy the top. He responded with an email with a phone number.
 I called for directions and drove almost an hour to Hercules to see and buy
the top.

The seller was downright unethical. Instead of selling me the top, he told
me that 4 people had called him that day and he raised his price to $200.

When I produced $200 cash, he told me, "let's wait and see who shows up and
will pay the most for it" - how incredible! I declined to purchase the top
and told this guy his behavior was unethical and just wrong. You do not
offer an item for sale at a fixed price; lead someone on to come to your
house, then
create a bidding war. I was too polite to call him an a--h-le, but with his
daughter there, I felt he was setting a very bad example for a child.

This guy had a silver GTV6 and a dark blue 87 Spider in his garage and
stated his name as "Long" As part of the Alfa Community (and an officer in
the Northern California Alfa Rome Association), I urge all other Alfisti to
be aware of this type of unethical behavior and avoid doing business with
him, if possible.

And Mr. Long, if you are reading this, you certainly owe me an apology. I
was willing to exceed your original asking by $50 as a gesture of goodwill,
but it appears you wanted to be greedy. Bad karma usually has a way of
coming back at you.

Michael Pordes

Alfa Romeo Spider Hard Top - $150

---
Reply to: anon-29086365@domain.elided
Date: 2004-04-18, 5:10PM PDT

Black hard top designed for the Alfa Romeo spider. In good condition. May
need some weather proofing.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial
interests