[alfa] Re: Milano Verde Brake problem

Date: Sat, 17 Apr 2004 22:55:26 -0700
From: "Michael Pordes" <mdpordes@domain.elided>
Subject: [alfa] Dear Digesters,

I have a 1987 Milano Verde that has had the dreaded overheating,
trouble-prone ABS removed and been converted to a Milano Gold brake
system,
(conventional booster and pedal box have been installed)

It has a new master cylinder and a new proportioning valve, but when the
brakes are applied very briskly, the rear brakes virtually always lock up
and the car wants to swap ends!

My mechanic is a wizard but cannot diagnose the problem. The lines and
calipers SEEM fine, but we were wondering if anyone had an idea of what
might be happening here. I want to take the car to the CSRG Track day at
Thunderhill next month, but this behavior has to be corrected FIRST!

Michael.

Betcha your wizard-mechanic's got the lines mixed up; right front with
rear.  If you wish, I'll send you a diagram.

Graham L. Davis'89 Milano Verde (brakes converted), etc.St. Louis, MO