[alfa] Correct way to start Spica car

Driving a Spica car again for the first time in a couple of years.   I have
seen comments on the digest of "starting immediately".   Remind me of the
correct procedure to accomplish this with a "cold car" on a typical 70-80 degree
(F) day ...... do I keep my foot off the gas pedal ...... down a 1/2" ..... ????

Currently I have been trying 1/2" .... but is dies immediately after starting
 .... usually 2 or 3 times before it keeps running.