Re: [alfa] Spider Reverse Lights

It appears that there is a high (relatively high)  resistance in the
reverse switch which causes a large voltage drop when the  bulb current is
needed.

How are you checking the validity of the reverse switch? If you are using
an ohmeter, it probably shows a very low value, but a mere 10 ohms would
cause a 10 volt drop if the bulb currents added up to 10 amps.  If you
have, or can borrow a high quality digital meter, you can check to see what
the closed switch resistance really is. anything over 1 or 2 ohms indicates
a suspect switch.

Find out what current the bulbs take for current and add them up.

If the switch has a resistance of only 10 ohms or so, you could jury rig a
fix by having the switch connected to a 12 volt relay that needs only a few
tenths of an amp to operate and have the relay contacts connected to 12
volt source and the bulbs.

Gwynne Spencer