From: owner-alfa@domain.elided [mailto:owner-alfa@domain.elided] On Behalf Of
Barry Leavitt
Sent: Sunday, April 11, 2004 10:15 PM
To: alfa-digest@domain.elided
Subject: [alfa] Spider Reverse Lights

I've been trying to troubleshoot the reverse lights on my '89 Spider so
that I can get my insurance certificate this spring. However, at this
point I'm stumped.

I have isolated the switch at the connectors where it emerges at the
base of the transmission and have confirmed using an ohm meter that the
switch does in fact work.

I have verified battery voltage at the other side of those same
connectors. When I "jumper" past the switch both reverse lights come on
in full glory.

So I'm out of ideas. If the switch works and the lights and circuitry
to the rear of the car work then how can they not work together???

Any and all ideas would be appreciated.

Barry
'89 Spider
Windsor, Ontario