[alfa] Spica Fuel Pump alternatives?

Kevin - If I had to guess, I would say that your supply pump is slowly going bad since you ran it without the rear filter and still got an occassional light.

That said, I would:

1. Don't run the car routinely with an intermittent fuel low pressure light and don't run it at all with a constant one. FI pump damage can result.
2. Replace your rear filter and the rubber fuel line from the tank to the filter to the pump. Use 1/2" line, not a narrower line.
3. Replace your front fuel filter if it hasn't been changed recently.
4. Check the inside of your fuel tank for setiment and rust. A dirty tank will clog filter very quickly with the kind of recirculating fuel flow that the SPICA system relys on.
5. Check the electrical connections to the pump clean and tight. Check for full voltage at the pump terminals.
6. If after you've done those things, if you're still getting a low pressure light, even occassionally, replace the pump. I recommend the supply pump from the L-Jet Alfas. The only mods you'll have to make are: a. Use a little rubber spacer material for the present bracket to grip the slightly skinner L-Jet pump. b. Change the elec terminals to ring-type. c: Solder up the 3/32" restrictor in the SPICA pump outlet fitting and redrill with a 1/16" drill. That setup should last the rest of the car's life. It will also give you a good solid 10 psi feed on battery only and 15 psi with the alternator running.

alfabb.com also has some threads with pictures on this topic.